Release Notes for Linux Mint 4.0 Daryna Fluxbox Community Edition BETA 028
This is the first ever release of a Fluxbox-based Linux Mint Community Edition! What is Linux Mint Fluxbox Community Edition and what do we aim to achieve?
- Linux Mint Fluxbox CE aims to be lean and fast. It should be able to run on older hardware allowing people with weak to mediocre machines to enjoy the awesomeness of Linux Mint.
- Linux Mint Fluxbox CE aims to be easy to use. Wherever possible we provide comprehensive GUI tools catering for both new and veteran users.
- Linux Mint Fluxbox CE aims not only to play the part, we aim to look the part. Linux Mint is famous for looking slick and totally awesome, and we aim to please.
Our goals meant we had to strike a very delicate balance between a minimalistic and an easy to use setup which we hope we have done.
Mint specific applications used in Linux Mint Fluxbox CE include:
Major applications used for common tasks are:
- Mplayer Movie Player
Fluxbox specific tools include:
Support for all types of multimedia codecs, web browser plugins and the like are an obvious addition.
We hope you, the users, will enjoy this release and hopefully build ourselves a respectable following. Download, test and let us know where we can improve!
- There seems to be some problem in changing of screen resolutions using the GUI tool. We will need more testing and feedback in order to pin point the cause and fix it.
- Some launchers mintConfig (borrowed from Linux Mint XFCE CE, like many of the GUI tools) do not seem to work. The problem seems to be upstream but please test it and maybe suggest a solution!