Thanks for your feedback on Cinnamon 2.6, the following updates were pushed today.
- Updated pidgin tray icons
cinnamon-desktop, cinnamon-session, cinnamon-settings-daemon, cinnamon-screensaver
- Split “use-systemd” configuration key into three different keys for cinnamon-settings-daemon, cinnamon-session and cinnamon-screensaver
Note: In Betsy, you’ll want to set the session and settings-daemon keys to true, and the screensaver key to false. In Mint 17.x, set all keys to false. In systemd distributions, set all keys to true.
- nemo-application: register with org.gnome.SessionManager – this should fix the race condition where c-s-d dies before nemo does, causing all of our icons to revert to fallbacks briefly.
- menus: Always show icons in Open With and Templates submenus.
- nemo-bookmark-list: make sure to keep the bookmarks file writable by the user (and not just root) when running nemo as root.
- Power settings: Don’t rely on output.get_backlight_min|max() to show brightness controls as it’s not reliable with all hardware. Try to get backlight() info directly to see if it’s supported instead.
- Theme settings: Fixed regression caused by gettext fix ;)
- Power settings: Don’t show “When the battery is critically low” option with upower 1.0 (it no longer supports that)
- Power settings: Don’t use variables that don’t exist (in UPS handling)
- Calendar applet: Refresh view when show-week-numbers setting is changed
- Network applet: Properly detect active VPN connection at session start when updating the panel icon
- On-Screen keyboard: Affect Struts
- On-Screen keyboard: Removed transparent background in default theme.
- Sound applet: Only read position for seek-supported players, only support seek when playback rate is 1.0, don’t support seek for Totem/GNOME-MPlayer/Pithos (either getting or setting the position isn’t fully functional), only update position at most once per second
- Systray applet: Factorize icon resize code, removed special cases (we know they don’t work for pidgin and thunderbird)
- Systray applet: force natural icon sizes for known buggy icons (pidgin, thunderbird)
- Keyboard settings: Renamed horizontal/vertical maximization options
- cinnamon-slideshow.py: fix crash when file change
- expo.js: don’t respond to scrolls when animating
- cs_general.py: Sync GNOME HiDPI settings
- Fix panel launcher dnd
- cinnamon-settings: be compatible with old gi
- cs_screensaver.py: use gtk_container_foreach instead of gtk_container_forall
- cs_panel.py: better protection against broken panel config
- Don’t show stack switcher on applet configuration page
- Follow date format setting in notification applet
- Load default icon if icon theme doesn’t have application icon
- js/docInfo.js: don’t make a thumbnail factory (it never gets used)
- cinnamon-settings: invert mouse sensitivity setting so it makes sense, eliminate rubber-banding of GSettingsRange by restricting int setting types to whole number adjustments in the slider.
- cs_privacy: replace broken unbind() – take advantage of the behavior that a new binding will overwrite a previous one on the same object property.
- Add image for default screensaver preview.
- cs_screensaver.py: bring the currently selected screensaver row into view when the panel is displayed.
- menu applet: when refreshing happens, apps, recent and places need to end up in the same order as before. Also, since we empty the whole container during an app refresh, we need to rebuild recent and places.
- SettingsWidgets: display the correct number of SpinButton digits depending on the step value. (fixes issue with font scale spinner)
- cs_panel: don’t connect to settings until the page has been constructed. Don’t crash and burn if cinnamon isn’t running.
- cs_panel: don’t crash when there aren’t any panels
- osd: fix the media keys osd not showing on top of full screen windows
- allow disabling of pointer barriers on all panels
- Added missing method to ExtensionSidePage class, which blocked the update of the indicator of the active theme