Celena BETA 021 - BUGS and FEEDBACK

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

Ok Clem, ok!
I don't like butter... so I have the money :lol: :lol:

I was thinking something like this :oops:
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Great job folks.
Only bug I found is in mintConfig: Language Support doesn't respond to mouse click.
But it can be accessed in the Control Center>Language Support.
Greetings,
Blogger
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

blogger wrote:Only bug I found is in mintConfig: Language Support doesn't respond to mouse click.
Works fine on my install.
EPower wrote:4) I cant play streams, not with firefox not with opera. It happens with all wmv's and divx streams.
This should fix Divx streams.

Code: Select all

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in-dvx.so /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/mplayerplug-in-dvx.so
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in-dvx.xpt /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/mplayerplug-in-dvx.xpt
I haven't found one that didn't work for me, had to refresh the page on a couple to get them to start.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

EPower:

2) and 3) --> the icons used depend on your theme and on the way the application is packaged. So it has to do with your theme shipping with ubuntu icons and not mint icons (probably because the theme designer made it for ubuntu and not for mint) and with the ubuntu package for stellarium. As you can see it's not something we're going to fix.

I can't reply to every post and you're not being ignored.

Clem
Husse

Post by Husse »

@ AlsaPhil
You installed french - did you get the message about ubuntu artwork in Firefox?
@ clem
If not - why did I? Something not happening for all language versions?
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

@ Husse

No, I didn't. My Firefox is gone to French language normally after changing.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Yeah - I got it in swedish, but with a 404 complaining that a page with ubuntu artwork could not be found like in some Cassandra beta
Husse

Post by Husse »

Not exactly a bug for Celena - but would it be possible to blacklist bcm43xxx by default as some people can't install - they get a crash because of missing microcode
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=34575
Perhaps to late because of code lock
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Too late Husse and this will be fixed by Ubuntu in Gutsy so we won't need to do that in the future.

Clem
malkhafaji

Re: Celena BETA 021 - BUGS and FEEDBACK

Post by malkhafaji »

I am having the same boot problems. I am using Mac OS (10.4.11) Intel version, with Parallels (3.0), and I was able to install Ubuntu 7.04 (and then upgraded ot 7.10 cause I couldn't install it right away). I am trying to install Mint 4.0 but with no success. I am not using a CD, just the downloaded .iso files. Everytime it starts to loads it fails with the following message:

Error reading boot CD

With one option only that says "Reboot", which does not do anything gives a blank screen. I wish installing Mint was as easy as Ubuntu 7.04 (very straight forward). I tried the copy downloaded from the Heatnet web site, and now i am about to try the other mirror from the University. I will post back if the other download fix this, otherwise, please let me know if you ran into this before and know how to solve it.

Thank you.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”