Menu selection Quit... doesn't work

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Menu selection Quit... doesn't work

Post by Husse »

Do you mean shut down or log out and back in?
In the log out/in case did you install ccsm (the Compiz config manager)?
ccsm gives log out/in problems
As for shut down no ideas - only I've noticed that now and then you get the "shut down menu" first after a little while (a few minutes)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MagnusB »

Does it not come at all? With me it has a delay of up to 20 seconds before appearing, but I use the newest mintMenu from Romeo (unstable).
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MagnusB »

I would recommend removing mintMenu from the panel, then 'cleaning up' mintMenu, and re add it to the panel, but I was not able to download the userguide right now, so I have to come back to you.
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
Husse

Post by Husse »

Forget about cleaning up...
First right click on the menu > Reload plugins
second right click on the menu > Remove from panel
right click on the panel > Add to panel > Mintmenu
This usually does it
BAD

Post by BAD »

If you are clicking on Daryna and Quit then trying to log out that is slow. Best thin to do is to right click the menu-add to panel-Quit and add the Quit icon to your desktop bar. That works much better.
eeezzzeee

Post by eeezzzeee »

I too have had this happen to me. I just used ctrl + alt + backsapce to restart X and I was logged out. I restarted my computer from the log in screen, and the problem went away. Haven't had it happen again. Also I noticed that when the problem happened I also lost my wallpaper, but after the restart the wallpaper was back. I don't know if that means anything or helps narrow down what could be causing the problem.

Return to “Beginner Questions”