bug? items dissapear from mintMenu

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SiKing
Level 5
Level 5

bug? items dissapear from mintMenu

Post by SiKing »

I think I might have hit a bug in mintMenu - Elysa main edition.

1. You need two accounts for this, one has sudo access (probably the first account you created after install) - call this one "admin", and one has only plain Desktop User access - call this one "user".
2. Log in as user.
3. Go to System > Preferences > Main Menu. Check some items off. In my case, I specifically checked off Applications>Wine and also System>Administration.
4. Log out. Log back in as admin.
5. Install something that adds another entry to the menu. In my case I installed Totem, which is suppose to add the entry Applications > Sound & Video > Movie Player.
6. Log out. Log back in as user.
7. Check the menu. All the items in the third column are GONE!
The current workaround is to go into System > Preferences > Main Menu. Click Revert (confirm it), Close. Log out, log back in. Make any changes that you would like as in #3.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: bug? items dissapear from mintMenu

Post by Husse »

I have to check this does not seem good...
SiKing
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SiKing »

I got unemployed recently, and so decided to pick up Python ... just for the heck of it. So I am trying to debug this, but getting absolutely nowhere.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I wish you luck in finding a new job
mintMenu is a complex little bastard :)

Return to “Software & Applications”