HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AlsaPhil

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Post by AlsaPhil »

In the next few days, some of us will celebrate one's minty first birthday!

A special thank to Clem who took us along to his green fresh house!!! It's only the beginning... We want more!

Your health!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

Yes! Thank you indeed! Thank you Clem!
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Congrats!
I'll have to wait another month for mine (14 Dec) but I've started celebrating now. :D
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

break out the beer and champagne! time to celebrate.
____________ ________ ______ ____ ___ __ __ _
http://www.designdrifter.com
The Purpose of Life is for DNA to reproduce.
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

PROST! by Bianca, Cassandra and Daryna!
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

Oh I am suddenly very thirsty for bier and pretzels down at the Biergarten. ;)
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

careful my friend, daryna want to settle in my home :D
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

I was going to wait for the 18th, the anniversary of my joining (can you believe I was already #57), but since you've broached the subject, a huge congrats from me Clem, crew, and all Minties.
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

Hey Clem, 4.417 members on this forum this morning!
Remember one year ago...
BRAVISSIMO :D
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

One year ago today I sat down at this very laptop to do a little surfing. I'd been flirting with Linux for a couple years but had not found a viable substitute for Microsoft. Then I discover Linux Mint. I'm sorry to say I cannot remember exactly how I found Clem's vision of Linux, but I'm glad I did. Linux, specifically Linux Mint, meets or exceeds 95% of all my personal computing needs.

To Clem Lefebvre, Linux Mint creator, I would like to add title teacher. You have taught many of us about Linux and have changed how we use the personal computer; therefore changing our lives forever. Perhaps Henry Adams, the grandson of U.S. president John Quincy Adams, great-grandson of U.S President John Adams, said it best, "A teacher affects eternity. He can never tell where his influence stops?"

Thanks Clem and to all those who have helped whether as a developer, contributor (financially or in the forums), or by simply spreading the news of Mint.
Last edited by antiquexray on Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Post by clem »

Ah ah :)

A lot has changed in one year, but hey, I do recognize the same old faces in this thread. We already met right? Was it at the Mint Cafe? :lol:

It's good to see you're still here and still making the core of this vibrant community. I was just talking about that with Agust by email. You can thank me all you want for the great distribution and the great ISOs.. but I have to say one thing: I didn't make this community, it made itself, and it started with you, with a great ambiance and a great culture, and look where we are now. So let me thank you for once and let's all appreciate what you've done for Mint, be the cement to one of the best communities out there.

So "Prost" and happy birthday to you :)

Clem

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”