Mint DVD?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jokersloose
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mint DVD?

Post by jokersloose »

Not sure I'll be able to help, but I know Mint will burn and load from a DVD cause that's how I did it. You "might" try booting in safe graphics mode and see if it lets you load that way. Like I said not sure it will help. Also might post the specs from your system it will help those who have a clue (and thats not me btw) trouble shot what's going on.

Thanks,
James
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jokersloose
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jokersloose »

You might try some of the tips in this thread

http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php ... ur_Live_CD

It's a way to trouble shot your LivdCD.

Hope it helps,
James
Fred

Post by Fred »

BAN,

It sounds like a bad dvd burn/download. Re download and check the md5 sum against the one on the download site before you try to burn. If you have it available, use a different brand or lot number DVD. Burn at 4X speed and do so in a RAW mode. RAW mode may be listed as DAO or TAO. This is a mode of direct binary 1 to1 copying, without any additional formatting or tagging being inserted.

After you do the burn verify the md5 sum again. If md5 sums won't verify you don't have a chance.

Fred

Return to “Installation & Boot”